The Art Base is a non-profit community art center located in Basalt, Colorado. Its mission is to foster creative expression in the visual arts in all ages and abilities through robust educational programming and exhibition opportunities for artists and artisans. The Art Base primarily serves the Roaring Fork Valley, especially Basalt, as well as adjacent portions of Eagle, Pitkin, Garfield counties, and the Roaring Fork School District. The Executive Director is responsible for leading the organization in the fulfillment of its mission, overseeing day-to-day operations, and, above all, development. The Executive Director upholds The Art Base’s institutional ethos of fostering individual and communal potential, both internally through team management and in the wider community. This position is supported by an active board of directors and approximately four full-time staff members.
The primary job of the Executive Director is to raise funds for the organization. The bulk of their working day will go toward this effort.
The Executive Director:
- Works with the board of directors to identify and cultivate donor relationships to meet budgeted contributed income.
- Manages the ongoing capital campaign to retire existing debt.
- Maintains positive relationships with existing supporters.
- Oversees grant proposals, with contract support or in-house drafting, to meet budgeted grant projections.
- Works with board of directors to cultivate relationships with potential new board members.
- Oversees fundraising events such as the pARTy and 10×10 Silent Auction and secures sponsorships for these events.
- The Executive Director also provides organizational leadership.
- Establishes and maintains a healthy work culture for TAB staff.
- Guides The Art Base board and staff in strategic decisions for the maintenance of high-quality programs and services.
- Oversees and manages the daily responsibilities of The Art Base employees and contract labor.
- Provides reports to the executive committee and board of directors; solicits their assistance when needed to achieve the objectives of the organization.
- Stays current with professional development, participating in continuing educational opportunities pertinent to art organizations, business development, and leadership.
- Works with the board of directors to create a strategic vision.
- Prepares an annual budget for organization expenditures with significant overages made in consultation with Board of Directors.
- Communicates to the community TAB’s financial and programmatic state of the organization in an annual report.
- Manages staff by providing annual performance reviews, setting compensation and benefits with board approval, hiring personnel, and taking corrective action with staff including termination, overseeing payroll distributions, and maintaining employee policies and procedures.
- Oversees operational flow of the organization and daily prioritization of activities and tasks.
- Oversees cash flow and finances of the organization through a working knowledge of appropriate computer software.
- Oversees tax filings, audits, payroll management and corporate filings with government tax agencies.
- The Executive Director oversees marketing and community outreach.
- Participates in community activities and maintains a professional presence as leader of The Art Base.
- Communicates vision and mission of The Art Base while cultivating relationships with other arts and non-profit organizations in the community.
- Maintains professional and positive relationship with members of the Town of Basalt including, town manager, town planner, mayor, and city council members.
Salary of $95,000-$105,000 commensurate with experience, plus a $500 monthly wellness stipend.
To be considered for this position, please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Basalt, CO 81621: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)